Sunday, July 30, 2017

Fairytale Cards and a New Book in the Making

I recently used these two beautiful Arthur Rackham images
which I edited and incorporated into these large
cards as gifts to friends.

 

They really take you away riding on the wings
of angels!
I adore the works of this famous Childrens Illustrator,
Arthur Rackham!
 

 On my table at the moment are the materials,
thoughts, words and feelings for a new
book I've entitled
"Fragile Heart"

 



How many of you feel you can relate to these words?

Hoping to share the finished pages and book soon
but 
I just wanted to remind you all that if you would like to
take advantage of a 50% discount on the
workshop where I teach my book techniques
then just pop over to Creative Workshops to read all about it 
 as there are only two days left
to enrol at this discounted price.
Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday
and
thank you all for continuing to leave such kind comments here.

xox Suzy


 

8 comments:

  1. My dear Suzy, your new started book, looks so stunning. I`m not much of a user of black , but this is so very beautiful, and illustrates your Fragile heart and strong mind so lovely . Sometimes I can also relate to the opposite ,- a strong heart and fragile mind-
    Your two cards, are filled with gorgeous layers, and oh yes, the old drawings are so lovely , dear friend.
    Hope your Sunday was a good one , and send you love.
    Your Dorthe xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Susie, your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh oh I love these as usual. I had never heard of this artist, see you just keep opening my eyes for all artsy info. thank you and can so totally relate to this all xoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzy, when I read the words "...caught between a strong mind, and a fragile heart", I felt a catch in my throat. Forever, these words have been both my curse and my blessing, yet I've never found a way to put this sentiment into words. This may sound absurd, but when I gazed at your collected materials and read the words, my eyes welled with tears. I cannot WAIT to see this gorgeous, soul searching book at its completion! Already, I say "thank you" for this creativity from our heart, mind and soul. When I was in college (many years ago), I had very elderly professor of English Literature, who became my mentor and dear friend in my creative writing endeavors. I once asked him why my writings always seemed to reflect the bittersweetness of life. He put his hand on my shoulder and told me, 'it's because you are utterly aware of the heart.' I spent years thinking about his words and trying to understand his comment to me; and years later, I finally understood. He would have adored your upcoming creation. Have a peaceful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgive me Suzy, I want to tell you how enhanting and magical your fairy card creations are....what fortunate friends you have to receive your handmade beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! I agree, the images are beautiful and captivating! btw, I can relate to your quote....;) Cant wait to see the entire book! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely can relate my dear!
    Your pieces are exquisite! Love those fairy tale graphics, Susie!!!
    Jackie xo
    ps, I agree with Astrid, your work is Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cards AND a book - aaaah. Always such a delight to come and spend a few minutes visiting with you and seeing what eye candy creations you have to share.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails