Monday, January 12, 2015

A Lace Memories Bag and A Sweet Silk Heart

For all those special postcards
or sweet heart cards and
tags
I have created this!
 Valentines Memories Bag
or simply
 a "Memories Bag"



constructed of several layers from a Vintage cotton
napkin, an embroidered tray cloth  

 
 
a fine Vintage hand  crocheted doily draped
around the sculptured tray cloth


and embellished with a doily/lace flower
with a bow fashioned from dyed scrim.


The pocket carries an original Vintage Valentine's Card

 

 bearing the original handwritten words on the back.
(This postcard was gifted to me and I am happy
for it to be part of this artwork because
it is the perfect piece)!




♥♥♥♥♥

A machine stitched heart from pink sari ribbon
is the focal point of this pretty
Valentine's collage.



Hearts, hearts and more little hearts!








Love always radiates from the centre of heart
it is the work of heart
and 
it is the pivital force behind everything that is good! 


Believe it or not I have been working on creating
other projects other than for Valentines
and
I will share my new paper journal with you soon!
but for now
you can see these additions to my Etsy shop by clicking on this link.
(Please note that the Valentine's Collage is yet to be added)!

 Bonjour!
xox Suzy

13 comments:

  1. Two more beautiful creations Suzy.

    Always a treat to see what you've been working on.

    Have a wonderful week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so gorgeous. You have such an eye for selecting the perfect mix of materials in all of your pieces and your attention to detail is just stunning.
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Suzanne
    Pieced Pastimes

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, as always. Your work seems to be getting more and more fantastic and I don't know how that can actually happen when you already made the most wonderful creations. I am so very happy I discovered you and your blog a couple of years ago via Pinterest. You are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always busy with new work and sumptuous work always. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Suzy

    A beautiful Memory Bag to start the new year 2015!

    The exquisite sari silk heart - perfect for a valentine, holding love letters and precious memories.

    Wishing you love and the joy of creating in 2015 sweet friend.

    Shane xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Suzy!
    I have been enjoying blogs the past few days, I brought a nasty bug home from our trip, and so my abilities to create have been limited. I have adjusted to the time change, but I still am not up to par. I am puttering about the house getting things back in place since they were out of place before we left! I am holind my creative ideas out as a carrot for myself! Love you hearts...as you know...I love Hearts! I hope to one day have you create one of your Heartstrings for me to purchase! It is just too perfect for my blog and business name! Must have one! So when you are feeling up to it, let me know and we can discuss if it is an option! I think a need a bit more "Suzy" around here! LOL
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. A memory bag, what a good idea! It is lovely and the perfect place for special cards or letters. Aaah, and the heart collage, absolutely gorgeous! I love the dangly beads detail. Well, I love everything about it, lol, but especially the danglies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A memory bag is such a sweet idea and I adore the "love is the work of the heart" sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hearts are always so special. Your collages are delightful. Valentine Hearts and Love and Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your memory bag is to die for, dear Suzy:)
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two words: elegant and classy. Everything you touch is absolutely divine. Thank you for always sharing your creations.

    Happy "love" day to you!
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are an inspiration to us all! You create eye candy for the soul.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails