Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Borders Backings & Bindings

Some of you will know that I have had the pleasure of finishing some, of Judy's at JudysFabrications Blog's, Wall Hangings that have been in her collection for a little while now waiting for the final finishing. I thought I might post some of these here to show you some of the fabrics that have gone into these little projects. It has been like finishing off some mini quilts. Each one of these has been a challenge in itself in choosing the appropriate colours, trims and threads with Judy leaving the choices entirely up to my own judgement (even more challenging!!!).

The borders measure between 1.1/2 to 3.1/2 inches and have been backed individually with pelon to bring them up to the weight of each beautifully beaded and embroidered piece then backed with matching fabrics and finally bound in another complementary fabric (often Bali Batik).

They are all packed and ready to send off to Judy who at this stage has only viewed the photos and I only hope I have done justice to these gorgeous wall hangings and that she will be as pleased as I am with the results.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails