Thursday, July 29, 2010

Dreaming of Dragonflies


Finished at last!!!
The materials that I have used in this collage are those that I love the most and I have always wanted to incorporate them somehow altogether with lots of different techniques in the hope of trying to create a truely harmonious piece - like one of those beautiful summer dreams that starts well and ends well.

Materials used include velvets, satins, dyed silks, ribbons, mohair, vintage Indian braids, recycled Rajasthan vintage textiles
wool yarn and cotton embroidery threads .

Techniques include, felting on my embellisher, crazy patchwork, hand and machine embroidery, collage and quilting both by hand and machine also some applique.

It really was a challenge especially when some bits of my precious braid started to frey BUT just loved every minute of creating it.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. LOOKS like you loved every minute too!!This hanging looks so joyful Suzy.Love those colour.Your eye travels round and round the piece, and the dragon flies create movement too.
    So many techniques here Suzy. FAB!

    ( I will e-mail you re a grasshopper I saw that is embroidered.I found some fantastic old embroidery mags at local charity shop $1.00 each!!I think they had my name on them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you posted these pictures. I don't understand how you pick out all of these elements and just bring them together, but they are so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you've created here. Such rich colours and textures. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your work is truly inspirational and the colours you use are fabulous

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails